ShipStation for VirtueMart Plugin Documentation
- Log in to your Joomla website's admin area
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install
- To install on your site, drag and drop the ShipStation for Virtuemart Plugin zip file that you downloaded after purchase. Or, click the "Or browse for file" button and click and upload the file from your local computer directory where you placed it after downloading.
Setup and Configuration
- Log in to your account on ShipStation.com
- Click on the gear icon on the right side of the top menu bar to get to the settings screen.
- Click on Selling Channels in the left sidebar menu, then click the Store Setup submenu item.
- Click the blue "Connect a Store or Marketplace" button.
- Using the search bar on the popup modal that appears, type in "custom," then click on the Custom Store block to connect.
- In the URL to Custom XML Page, enter https://YourDomain.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&ctrl=shipstation (replace YourDomain.com with your site's actual domain name).
- Enter your Joomla administrator username and password in the appropriate fields.
- In the Paid Status field, enter "confirmed" (without quotation marks).
- Click the Test Connection button to make sure ShipStation can connect to your VirtueMart store.
- If the test is successful, then click the green Connect button and you're done!
How the ShipStation for VirtueMart plugin works with your ShipStation account:
- A customer places an order at your VirtueMart store that requires shipping.
- In ShipStation, if you have the "Allow ShipStation to refresh your stores while you're away" box checked in your Store Setup settings, then ShipStation will attempt to auto-update orders from your store. You can also manually sync store data at any time by using the "Update All Stores" button.
- Your designated shipping person/people go into ShipStation.com, views the orders that need shipment, and generates shipping labels.
- Once a label is generated, ShipStation.com sends a notification to the Merchant's store via the component's endpoint.
- The plugin updates the order to the Shipped order status and stores the tracking number info within the order.