ShipStation for VirtueMart Plugin
Ship VirtueMart Orders with ShipStation
The ShipStation for VirtueMart plugin exports your order details from VirtueMart and imports them into ShipStation. The plugin also updates order statuses in VirtueMart as you complete shipments in ShipStation.
ShipStation is a web-based shipping service that streamlines the order fulfillment process for online retailers, handling everything from order import and batch label creation to customer communication. ShipStation is a great fit for businesses with any number of users or locations.
- Ensure your store meets the plugin requirements.
- Purchase the plugin from this page.
- More installation instructions are coming soon. The plugin installs using the default joomla plugin installer.
To use this integration, you must have:
- A ShipStation monthly plan. More info at: ShipStation.com
Sign up with ShipStation
After you set up the extension, it's time to connect your store to your ShipStation account. If you don't have one yet, click the link in the Requirements section above and create a new account.
If you're an existing ShipStation user, you can connect your VirtueMart store here: ShipStation Account Settings > Selling Channels > Connect a store or marketplace.
After selecting VirtueMart you're now ready to set up the connection between your store and ShipStation account.
Enter the Auth Key found on your site in the VirtueMart settings area. This is a unique key generated by the plugin and allows ShipStation to securely connect to your store.
Next enter your Store URL as this tells ShipStation where to check for this specific Auth Key. Select 'Test Connection' and Finish.
When marking an order shipped via ShipStation there is an important checkbox to select. Be sure to select/enable the "Notify Marketplace?"" checkbox. This is required so ShipStation notifies your store, which then does the following in VirtueMart:
- Changes the order status to your Shipped Order Status (which is typically "Completed")
- Adds a customer note with carrier and tracking information.
How the ShipStation for VirtueMart component works with your ShipStation account:
- Customer places an order at your VirtueMart shop that requires shipping.
- ShipStation.com makes an API call to the Merchant's store to the component's endpoint.
- Extension looks at the setup, and generates an XML output response to the ShipStation API. ShipStation imports those orders into their system.
- Merchant's designated shipping person/people go into ShipStation.com, sees orders that need shipment, and generates shipping labels.
- Once a label is generated, ShipStation.com sends a notification to the Merchant's store via the component's endpoint.
- Component updates the order to Shipped Order status (typically 'Completed') and stores the shipping info within the order.
My orders are not imported into ShipStation
Caching components providing file minification can generate this kind of issue. Make sure that you disable file minification and try to import orders again.
Questions and Feedback
Have a question before you buy, or already purchased and need some assistance? Please contact us using the form below.